IMD professors top Oscars of the business school world, Financial Times, Della Bradshaw, 3 March, 2014
The Case Centre's annual awards and competitions, now in their 24th year, celebrate worldwide excellence in case writing and teaching in business education. The awards and competitions are assessed anonymously to ensure impartiality.
Summary: Please see Notes for Editors below for further details of all the winners.
- Overall Award Winner: Kamran Kashani and Aimée DuBrule, IMD, Value Selling at SKF Service (A): Tough Buyer Confronts Strategy.
- Outstanding Contribution to the Case Method: Nirmalya Kumar, London Business School.
- Innovation in Case Teaching: Nicole Haggerty, Ivey Business School for a project involving cases taught by Ivey students to their peers at African business schools.
- Case Writing Competition New Case Writer: Hernan Bruno and Hilke Plassmann, INSEAD, Michel et Augustin Cookies: Culinary Adventures Competing Against Food Industry Giants.
- Case Writing Competition Hot Topic – Crisis as Opportunity: Urs Müller and Shirish Pandit, ESMT European School of Management and Technology, Vodafone in Egypt: National Crises and Their Implications for Multinational Corporations.
- First-time award winning schools: Darden School of Business, and WU Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien (Vienna) – each one category.
- Further category winning schools: ESSEC Business School, ESMT, Harvard Business School (two category awards), IBS Center for Management Research (IBS Hyderabad), INSEAD,and an Ivey Publishing case authored at CEIBS, South China University of Technology, Hang Seng Management College and The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Repeat winners to note: Kamran Kashani has won a category award on four previous occasions and the Outstanding Contribution to the Case Method Award in 2011. Nirmalya Kumar has won case awards on six previous occasions including the overall winning case twice. Urs Müller has won the Hot Topic Competition, and the Human Resource Management/Organisational Behaviour category (with co-author Ulf Schäfer) for the second consecutive year.