25 February 2013
Excellence and innovation in case writing and teaching is spreading worldwide. An unprecedented seven schools from across the world were first-time winners in the 2013 ecch Case Awards and Competitions.
- For the first time, the Overall winning case was authored at Warwick Business School
- First-time award/competition winning schools: CEIBS, ENPC School of International Management, ESMT European School of Management and Technology, Geneva School of Business Administration, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, SP Jain School of Global Management and UCLA Anderson School of Management
- Innovation in Case Teaching (new competition) was won by faculty from Geneva School of Business Administration and SP Jain School of Global Management with a case tailored to the new, virtually connected, multi-location generation of students by building gaming and a ‘playful hunt for information’ into their case study through an on-line classroom
- New Case Writer went to Felipe Caro of UCLA Anderson School of Management also making history by winning a category award with the same brand new case
- Hot Topic – The Business of Sport went to Urs Müller and Ulrich Linnhoff, ESMT European School of Management and Technology, with Bernhard Pellens, Ruhr-Uni Bochum. ESMT also won a category award with another case co-authored by Müller
- Outstanding Contribution to the Case Method award went to Peter Killing, IMD
- Harvard Business School won three category awards
- INSEAD won one award and shared a second (with CEIBS)
- ENPC School of International Management and University College Dublin each won one category award.