CHALLENGE. Robust and compelling evidence from behavioral science has revealed a reality that is difficult for many people to accept: When it comes to making judgments and decisions, we are all innately biased, and even worse – most of us have little or no awareness of this fact. Our "mindware" has important limitations which often lead us to incomplete thinking, story-based arguments, misjudgments of people and trends, and to intuitive decisions that can be profoundly flawed.
SOLUTION. By learning about our..
The School of Social and Behavioral Sciences has developed a range of practical, hands-on courses and workshops designed to train professional to make more sound judgments and more effective decisions. These are offered in varying formats across many of the degree programs at IE, for example:
- Master in Market Research & Consumer Behavior
- Master in Environmental Management
- Master in International Management
- International MBA
- IE-Brown Executive MBA
- Executive Master in Positive Leadership & Strategy
- International Executive MBA
- Global Executive MBA
EXECUTIVE The School of Social and Behavioral Sciences works with IE's Executive Education unit to design and deliver customized training programs in Behavioral Decision Making. These are offered as standalone workshops (half-day, full-day, or multi-day) or as modules within comprehensive management/leadership development programs (learn more).LEARNING TECHNOLOGY In support of our programs in Behavioral Decision Making, the school has developed an innovative set of decision simulators called IExperiments. Drawing on seminal research in the behavioral economics and psychology, these simulators allow our professors to reveal behavioral biases in program participants, providing a foundation and motivation for change.
- Engineers & Lawyers: Based on the work of Nobel laureate Daniel Kahneman, this simulator explores common biases in how we integrate information in making judgments with incomplete and ambiguous information. (Behavioral simulators for experiential learning)
- IExperiments Behavioral Decision Toolbox: This comprehensive simulator presents participants with a series of real-world situations in which they must make judgments and decisions about people, trends, and their experiences.