A thousand year old industry on the cusp of profound change
Our research shows the dominant Australian university model – a broad-based teaching and research institution, with a large base of assets and back office – will be unviable in the next 10-15 years.
Higher education institutions will need to fundamentally transform their business models to survive, according to an industry wide study of Australia’s higher education sector. The study included interviews with more than 40 leaders from public universities, private universities, policy makers and sector representative groups.
Find out what the study concluded about:
- The drivers of change, how they will shape the industry and what universities will need to do to adapt
- Three evolutionary possibilities for business models
- Future challenges for universities
- Implications for policy makers and the private sector
- Our framework for assessing and designing a model for the future